In order to define the optimal mix of works from a technical, environmental and economic point of view, an analysis the various possible design alternatives is carried out for each building, based on the information collected during the on-site inspections, the users’ needs, the characteristics of the building-installation system, and the incentive schemes available.
The works may include.
Works on the building envelope:
- insulation of vertical matt finish walls, either from the inside or the outside;
- attic insulation;
- replacement of existing windows with higher performance windows.
Works for the upgrading of the heating/cooling systems:
- replacement of conventional boilers with condensing boilers and corresponding upgrade of the central heating plant;
- replacement of conventional boilers or condensing boilers with hybrid factory-made heat pumps and corresponding upgrade of the central heating plant;
- replacement of conventional boilers or condensing boilers with electric heat pumps and corresponding upgrade of the central heating plant;
- replacement of circulation pumps in the central heating plant or in the substations;
- installation of thermostatic radiator valves;
- installation of independent air-conditioning systems in the office areas;
- installation of plant supervision and remote control systems;
Works on electrical systems:
- works to replace the existing lighting systems with LED technology;
- works to install photovoltaic systems.